elizabetta

elizabetta

All Wrapped Up
Morgan Harcourt;Laylah Hunter;Thea Hayworth;Gryvon
The Gravedigger's Brawl - Abigail Roux I was surprised that I liked Wyatt and Ash as much as I did. I wasn’t expecting to. They were attractive, interesting (Ash more so than Wyatt), and worked well together. There was a tendency towards cutesy-ness especially as the story progressed, a little of that goes a long way...and the on again/off again misunderstandings seemed a little sophomoric. Still, given that this is a pnr/ghost story, they were believable.

The ghost story was good and suitably creepy and the setting in Virginia and around Halloween was a nice touch. I also liked how the paranormal story didn’t overwhelm the romance, in fact they worked well together. The romance itself was on the low-key side, just two guys falling in love; but I don’t think the calisthenics of say, a Ty and Zane-type relationship would have worked here...quiet and ‘ordinary’ fit as there’s plenty of other weirdness going on with the ghostly doings. The writing is clumsy in places (I found the repeated phrases distracting (“sharp enough to pierce armor,” “chipped tooth/canine”) but in general this was a pleasant enough read.